Using a treadmill without a mat underneath comes with so much inconvenience. You may experience vibration, noise and shaking depending on the intensity of the workout. That friction is not only bad for the floor but also to the machine as it reduced its life. A mat is not only good for protecting the floor from vibration and noise, but it also increases the safety as it prevents the machine from sliding around. It is also a good pillar for stability as it prevents the machine from sliding around and moving from side to side. This helps to protect the user from being jolted off when they are working out.
Treadmills can be found from most stores that deal with sports equipment. Most people prefer to take the online route since it is much easier to search and do comparisons. Before getting a mat, it is a good idea to do consultation with the treadmill manufacturer as most of the time they know the best mat that will work with their machine. Well, as much as asking for s recommendation is an easy way out, it is good to know what to look out for before purchasing a mat. Some of the factors to consider include:
Get Cardio Gear
Size of the mat
Thick is not necessarily better, if it too thick or too thin it may not be very appropriate. Most of the time manufacturers recommend a thickness of at least two inches. When it comes to the thickness of the mat, thicker mats are normally more costly and they are better for situations where you have a big treadmill.
When it comes to the width, the mat should be at least six inches wider than the treadmill. It should be a minimum of at least six inches but the recommended size is at least twelve inches round the treadmill. Treadmill mats come in a variety of sizes and the standard size is 6.5 ft. X 3ft. Basically the size of the treadmill will be a guide on what size of mat will be best suitable for you.
Treadmill mats come in a variety of materials. Whatever the kid of material used, it should be durable, strong, tear resistant, easy to clean, have good absorbing qualities, and be nontoxic. The most common types of materials used for mats are PVC, rubber and EVA. Thermoplastic vinyl can also be used in making of the mats though it’s a bit more expensive.
With those factors in mind, it is easy to shop for and land the best mats. Just like anything else, planning is essential. That involves doing research and comparison so that you get the best deals and value for your money. There are many great sites that you can start with such as Get Cardio Gear. They will give you guidelines and even suggest to you the best mats in the market to help you make an informed decision on the best mat for your needs. Reading reviews will also help you buy wisely.
There was a time when people can just wear what they want when they exercise. Most people would look for large shirts and their old leggings or shorts. Over the past years, more and more people have started to become enthusiastic about exercising and the need for amazing workout gear has also increased steadily.
There are different types of clothes available depending on the activity that you want to do. Let us say that you would like to do a HIIT workout but you do not have the right clothes to wear. Remember that you need to do intense bursts of activities that will help you improve your blood circulation and of course, your metabolism. You need to have the right clothes that will make everything doable.
Can the Right Workout Clothes Affect Your Exercise?
These are the ways that the right workout clothes can help affect the way that you exercise:
- You will be able to improve the way that you move. Your range of movement may get affected when you do not wear the right gear. For example, loose clothing may get caught in the equipment that you are using. When you wear clothes that are too tight, your clothes will make it hard for you to breathe. The right clothes and wearing the right size will make a huge difference on how you move.
- Find the right workout clothes that will help you get rid of sweat immediately. You know how hard it is to sweat while you are working out. The right workout clothes can help stop the sweat from hindering you from working out properly.
- You will be given proper body support. There are a lot of ladies who have a hard time working out when they have large breasts because they do not have enough support for their chest area. You have a wide selection of clothes now that will not only support your chest area, the clothes will also support the rest of your body.
- You can become more visible especially when you want to work out at night. It can be hard to be seen when you are wearing gray or other neutral colors. Workout clothes are normally bright and cheery so you will be seen by other people immediately. Remember this especially when you plan to start running after sunset or at dawn. It is important that you will be seen by other people as it is for your own safety.
- Another great benefit of wearing the right workout clothes is you will be able to prevent injuries from occurring. You know that exercising the wrong way will make you more prone to injuries. The right gear should not refer to just clothes alone. You can also pay attention to the shoes that you wear. The wrong shoes will cause you to have blisters and will might prevent you from landing on your feet every time jump and do other exercises.
Remember that wearing the right clothes can help prevent you from different elements that may cause you to become sick especially when you are working out outdoors.